Prostate is a gland that presents in male. It is located between the urinary bladder and the penis. It is one part of male reproductive system. The shape of prostate gland is very small and it looks similar to walnut. Prostate gland produces fluid which helps to ejaculate sperm.
The cells in prostate gland will be renewing and new cells will be formed. If there exist uncontrollability in the formation of prostrate cells then cancer cells will be formed. The formation of cancer cells will lead to enlargement of the prostate gland and hence problem will occur in ejaculation of urine. Prostate cancer is uncommon in men under 40 years. It mostly occurs in men above 70 years.
- Prostate cancer may affect the men whose blood relation had the same kind of problem. It also affects the men whose family did not have any history of cancer too.
- The cancer cells in prostate gland have the similar features of normal cells like these cancer cells are also influenced by male hormones.
- This type of cancer occurs commonly in men who are in western countries.
- Prostate cancer is rare in case of Japanese and in Asian men.
- Men who have improper unhealthy diet are most vulnerable to prostate cancer. Those who consume high cholesterol food will be affected by this type of cancer.
- Person who are obese and those are lack of physical activities will be mainly affected.
- Most probably the prostate cancer will not be shown out. It occurs only in the older age and it requires many years to be developed and to cause troubles. Within that required period the affected person’s life span may end.
- Men who are exposed to pesticide are more at the risk of getting prostate cancer.